Friday, June 16, 2006

I found my other writing!!!!

So now I can share more of my poems and creative writing again!! I just moved, and as I was cleaning out boxes that had been in storage for over a year, I found my portfolio with all my drawings and poems and other stuff!! So here is one poem today that I really love!!

This one I wrote back in April of '99, and I also translated it into Spanish!

Time stands still
And I look back
To broken dreams
And unkempt promises.

The world revolves around me
But I am blind to it's movements.

Time regroups slowly
And I look forward
To unspoken dreams
And promises yet to be made.

The world is knocking on the door
But I am too deaf to hear the sound.

Time starts to run.
I don't have the chance
To think about the past
Or to look toward the future.

But now I am aware of the world.

And I am not afraid.


Spanish version:
El tiempo se para
Mi vista regressa
A los suenos malos
Y las promesas quebradas.

El mundo da vuelta
Alrededor de mi cuerpo
Pero por el movimento,
Estoy siega.

El tiempo se mueve despacito.
Yo miro por el frente
A los suenos desconocidos
Y a loas promesas del futuro.

El mundo se toca la puerta
Pero por el ruido,
Estoy sorda.

El tiempo se corre.
No tengo la chanca
Para pensar en el pasado
Ni pensar en el futuro.

Pero ahora veo el mundo como es.

Y ya no tengo meido.
Kira Sandoval, copyright 2006

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Very nice. I felt sort of similar to this, just this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 AM

    Beautiful Kira, just beautiful. :)
    (it's Jennifer btw!)

    ReplyDelete