Monday, June 19, 2006

A couple of Poems for today!

Yet some more reflections from my past!! Both were written in 1999. ;)


A feeling I've kept hidden
Is sprouting in the shadows,
Peering around the corner
Blinking into the rising sun.
I can't see where it's headed.

Indifference makes me shrug it off.
But only on the outside.
On the inside it burns
Every centimeter of my body
Until it boils over
Creating a craziness
That I can't control.

Extreme youthfulness is
Internal happiness
But external indifference.

If everyone knew the truth
Of the secrets I hold deeper
Then all my emotion
Will spill over the wall
And bury once again
The one that is newly uncovered.

Maybe it's better this way;
I need this feeling more
Than any other emotion
That I keep hidden.
I just need to remember
To keep going foward
Blinking into the sun.
Kira Sandoval, copyright 2006




A strong wind blows
A flikering candle
That dimly lights
An empty room.

The deep shadows
Harbor darker truths
While the shallow lies
Feast upon the dim light.

The empty room fills
With millions of lies
Devouring the flame
That flickered with fright.

There is nobody around
To relight the candle
And uncover the truth
That dissapeared with the flame.
Kira Sandoval, copyright 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment